Vercopa

10 liter blackberry mead 

 This is surprisingly light. I think it might be nice fizzy, but I don't know if I'll get enough fermentation kicked off to get it carbonated

 

Got some old champagne yeast to kick off so I bottled six (champagne) bottles of this with a bit of the yeast and a squeeze of honey. Uh... that's probably less calculated than I was meant to, but I could just open one every month and see how it goes? 😏

Put the remaining five liters into a 5 demijohn. I am looking at buying a 2nd hand carbonation machine/sodastream. You'd only be able to carbonate a bottle just before you drank it, but I want to give that a go - it tastes good, and the yeast/bottle process will have altered the taste by the time I open it - I want to see how it tastes now, but fizzy.


No comments:

Post a Comment