Bronwyn (5L)

Coffee bochet. Rather than reproducing the previous I thought I'd see how this works out with caramellised honey.
2.5 kilo honey cooked down to medium toasted.
Cold brew of 60 gr fancy coffee grounds. (possibly a bit on the strong side? figured I'd need to up it slightly to weigh up against the bochet flavour)
Mead yeast. 

Seems off to a good start.  No starting gravity because I'm a dope

Calliope (5L)

Cacao bochet. I'm also going to make a 20L batch plain cacao mead, but I wanted to give this a try. 
2.5 kilo honey cooked down to medium toasted
150 gr Dutch cacao
mead yeast

This is more likely 6 liter or even 6.5 - it's in a bucket now and I wanted to make sure I'd have enough volume left once it comes off the primary sludge. I'll leave it in the bucket for now to avoid gross foamy disaster, but it's blopping away enthusiastically

No starting gravity because I'm a dope

 

Given that the honey cooked down to about half volume I figure both of these will need serious backsweetening, potentially with more caramellised honey, but I can see about that later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment