Mead plans

 I always mentally plan new batches and then when it comes to actually starting things, I'll have forgotten all over again. So. 

- 5 gallon with quince juice and caramellised honey. That quince bochet batch was a hit and I hope I can replicate it. I only have 10 liters of juice right now though. I either need to make up the difference with water, another juice, or I need to wait a couple of weeks for quinces to come into season and make another batch of juice.

- 2x a 10 liter batch with 2 kg plain honey and 2 kg of the heather honey

I could do this in the 5 gallon vessel but I have carelessly negative-pressured the airlock when I moved it, and I'm too scared to ruin this amazing honey

- a 5 liter batch with fig. Noon was nice but fermented slightly too dry, I think

- 5 liter plain for backsweetening with rosemary honey

- 5 liter plain for backsweetening with thyme honey

- 5 liter yuzu mead. I have a small amount of juice, and yuzu marmelade. The juice should go into primary (and then hope I can get the ferment started at all) and the marmelade later, in secondary, presumably. Or get some zest by that time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment