Hack42 experiments, Moragh, Uriel

Time for the second part of the mead workshop at Hack42! My batch was at SG 1030 and tasted weirdly thin.  I split my 5 liter batch into 7 regular wine bottles and added, as far as I can remember:
- rosemary
- thyme
- sage
 - thyme honey (into a champagne bottle)
- Rosemary and orange
- Thyme and lemon
- szenchua pepper and lemon

Looking forward to seeing how those turn out!

I had brought Moragh because last time I tasted it, it was gross and I thought I could shift it to more fanantic coffee drinkers. But I tasted it during the workshop and backsweetening has done it a WORLD of good, it tastes amazing! Subtle but distinctly coffee, exactly the right sweetness. It's only about half a year old. It's in the fridge cold-crashing now and I will bottle it in small bottles. I also started

Moragh Too
- coffee cold-brewed from 6 coffeepads
 - 2 kilo honey
- mead yeast

Coffee makes for serious foam, so note for future reference: this needs a blowoff tube. 

Uriel
Finally racked this. It's such a fuss in these volumes (5 gallon batch)

SG1004
Alc ~15%

Doesn't taste bad, just very dry. Backsweetened with a kilo honey to ~1020. It has shown no signs of clearing so far, so I may try to do the superklar treatment so I can split it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment